Sesame Steaks Recipe
There's enough flavor in these steaks to allow the side dish to be simple. So consider serving them with baked potatoes, rice pilaf or another plain vegetable and salad. The meal has always gone over big when I've fixed it for my husband and friends helping out with his latest home construction project. David and I have a daughter, 3. Her new brother or sister is due any day! -Elaine Anderson, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sesame Steaks
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC