- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sesame Steaks
"DELICIOUS! This is our #1 marinate."
"very GOOD will make again"
"This steak was very delicious. We will make again"
"If I make this again, I think I'd also add a bit of garlic. We had a change of plans and the steak marinated for 24 hours more than was planned, which led to a bit of an overly salty steak, but the flavor was pretty good."