- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sesame Steaks
"DELICIOUS! This is our #1 marinate."
"very GOOD will make again"
"This steak was very delicious. We will make again"
"If I make this again, I think I'd also add a bit of garlic. We had a change of plans and the steak marinated for 24 hours more than was planned, which led to a bit of an overly salty steak, but the flavor was pretty good."
"Tried this one tonight with some rice, gingered snap peas and carrots, and homemade Hawaiian bread on the side,turned out really well. Only change I would make is to add just a touch of garlic, but that's just personal taste."
"This is the way I usually prepare our steaks -- it's so yummy! Note: over the years, I have omitted the oil because it causes flare-ups on the grill. -Lori in WI."
"I have used this recipe many times. Always turns out great!!"