Sesame Steak Sandwich
I found this recipe in a book that I bought in a hospital gift shop more than 25 years ago. It's a hit with family and friends every time I make it.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef cubed steak (4 ounces)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun, split
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato slice
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat. In a skillet, cook meat in oil
- for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place meat and a
- slice of cheese on the bottom of the bun. Broil open-faced sandwich
- 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and
- bun is toasted. Spread mayonnaise over bun top. Place lettuce and
- tomato slices on cheese. Cover with bun top. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 527 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,045 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.