I found this recipe in a book that I bought in a hospital gift shop more than 25 years ago. It's a hit with family and friends every time I make it.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef cubed steak (4 ounces)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun, split
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato slice
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat. In a skillet, cook meat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place meat and a slice of cheese on the bottom of the bun. Broil open-faced sandwich 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is toasted. Spread mayonnaise over bun top. Place lettuce and tomato slices on cheese. Cover with bun top. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Sesame Steak Sandwich in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p74
Reviews for Sesame Steak Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review