Sesame Spinach Salad Recipe
Toasted sesame seeds are a nice contrast to the hearty ingredients and thick creamy dressing in this spinach salad. "I make this dish at least once a month," says Sue Collins of Shawnee, Kansas.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- CREAMY DRESSING:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the spinach, tomatoes, avocados, shrimp, mushrooms, eggs and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 216 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC