Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets
“We love to eat healthy, and this recipe has an Asian flare with a touch of sweetness that’s sure to satisfy even those who turn up their noses at broccoli,” says Marianne Bauman of Modesto, California.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, soy sauce and
- vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce
- mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.