Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place the broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets
"This was a super quick and easy way to jazz up plain old steamed broccoli. Next time I'll leave out the olive oil as I think it would still be delicious without it!"
"I've made this numerous times over the past 5 years and it always turns out excellent. Nice flavor and easy to increase for more than 2."
"This sauce is so good on top of broccoli!!"
"Best broccoli we've ever had!~ Theresa"