Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place the broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets
"This was a super quick and easy way to jazz up plain old steamed broccoli. Next time I'll leave out the olive oil as I think it would still be delicious without it!"
"I've made this numerous times over the past 5 years and it always turns out excellent. Nice flavor and easy to increase for more than 2."
"This was a nice side dish for a family dinner."
"This sauce is so good on top of broccoli!!"
"Best broccoli we've ever had!~ Theresa"