Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets Recipe
“We love to eat healthy, and this recipe has an Asian flare with a touch of sweetness that’s sure to satisfy even those who turn up their noses at broccoli,” says Marianne Bauman of Modesto, California.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p59
Reviews for Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >