"A friend regularly supplies us with a fresh catch of fish," notes Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "In this quick and easy recipe, sesame seeds add crunch and a tasty coating to the fillets."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 sole or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, tomato paste, tarragon and salt;
- spread on both sides of fillets. Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine sesame seeds and flour. Dip fillets
- in buttermilk, then coat with sesame seed mixture. Refrigerate for
- 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry fillets for
- 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 15 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.