Sesame Sole Recipe
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 sole or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mustard, tomato paste, tarragon and salt; spread on both sides of fillets. Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine sesame seeds and flour. Dip fillets in buttermilk, then coat with sesame seed mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 15 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Sole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.