Sesame Snow Peas Recipe
"I created this side dish because I like to use soy sauce and sesame seeds whenever I can," says Kathleen Valle of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. "I try to make all of my recipes simple and easy, and with only a few ingredients, this is a favorite."
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the snow peas and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender; drain well.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Drizzle over snow peas and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Snow Peas in Light & Tasty October 2005, p25
Reviews for Sesame Snow Peas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2012
I tried this using a bag of frozen sugar snap peas. It turned out really well. I used regular soy sauce and added a sprinkle of salt as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >