Sesame Slaw Recipe
This crisp and tangy slaw, tossed with sesame seeds, makes an ideal side dish for everything from burgers and wraps to pasta and casseroles. And it's ready in no time.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, green pepper and onion. Whisk the vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC