This crisp and tangy slaw, tossed with sesame seeds, makes an ideal side dish for everything from burgers and wraps to pasta and casseroles. And it's ready in no time.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, green pepper and onion. Whisk
- the vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds and salt. Pour over cabbage
- mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.