Sesame Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic, oil, brown sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pierce steak on both sides with a fork; place in the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill the steak, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked steak equals 456 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,964 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.