Sesame Sirloin Steak
The first time I tried this recipe was years ago when we were going to my in-laws for a Mother's Day dinner. We've made a few adjustments to the original recipe, only improving on the great taste.
-Paulette Barnett, Guelph, Ontario
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame
- seeds, garlic, oil, brown sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pierce
- steak on both sides with a fork; place in the bag. Seal and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the steak, covered, over medium
- heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked steak equals 456 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,964 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet