Sesame Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic, oil, brown sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pierce steak on both sides with a fork; place in the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill the steak, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 456 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1964mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Sirloin Steak
"This was so good! My husband and kids were raving about it. The marinade makes the meat tender and has a great flavor."
"Sesame sirloin steak is a simple, easy meal to make and one my family simply loves. We make it whenever we have all the ingredients and it's definitely a keeper."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.