Sesame Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic, oil, brown sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pierce steak on both sides with a fork; place in the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the steak, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Sesame Sirloin Steak
Sort By :
This was so good! My husband and kids were raving about it. The marinade makes the meat tender and has a great flavor.
Sesame sirloin steak is a simple, easy meal to make and one my family simply loves. We make it whenever we have all the ingredients and it's definitely a keeper.