- 5 cups water
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, rice, onion, red pepper, parsley and snow peas. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Shrimp Rice Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p52
Reviews for Sesame Shrimp Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review