Sesame Shrimp & Rice Recipe
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Microwave rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry snow peas and onions in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, pineapple, oranges and salad dressing; cook until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 407 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.