A handful of convenience items and a flash in the skillet allows you to put a delightfully flavorful, high-quality meal on the table in minutes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Microwave rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry snow peas and onions in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, pineapple, oranges and salad dressing; cook until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Shrimp & Rice in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Shrimp & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2013
"A simple and light meal"