Sesame Seed Cookies
These are very special cookies served often in the South. They're perfect with tea or coffee. My whole family loves them. —Maxine Trively, Highlands, North Carolina
108 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla.
- Combine remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 30
- seconds before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield:
- about 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.