Sesame Seed Cookies Recipe
These are very special cookies served often in the South. They're perfect with tea or coffee. My whole family loves them. —Maxine Trively, Highlands, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:108 servings
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 30 seconds before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC