Sesame Seed Cookies Recipe
These are very special cookies served often in the South. They're perfect with tea or coffee. My whole family loves them. —Maxine Trively, Highlands, North Carolina
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan for 30 seconds before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC