Sesame Seed Coating Mix Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR PORK CHOPS CORDON BLEU:
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Monetery Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 4 batches (about 2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pork chops: With a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the side of each chop almost to the bone. Stuff with ham and cheese. Place 1/2 cup coating mix in a shallow bowl.
- 3. Brush both sides of chops with butter, then dip into coating. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Turn chops over; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 481 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1380mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Seed Coating Mix
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.