Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles Recipe
I made this easy bu elegant weeknight recipe often. The noodles have a wonderful citrus tang with a hint of basil and a bit of crunch form the toasted sesame seeds.
- 4 cups wide no-yolk noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return noodles to pan. Add the basil, butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon and orange peels. Toss to coat, adding reserved cooking liquid if needed to moisten noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 136 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC