Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles Recipe
- 4 cups wide no-yolk noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return noodles to pan. Add the basil, butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon and orange peels. Toss to coat, adding reserved cooking liquid if needed to moisten noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 136 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles
"We always add diced cooked chicken to this. It is one of our favorites, and an easy go-to for a quick meal."