Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles
I made this easy bu elegant weeknight recipe often. The noodles have a wonderful citrus tang with a hint of basil and a bit of crunch form the toasted sesame seeds.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups wide no-yolk noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2
- cup cooking water. Return noodles to pan. Add the basil, butter,
- lemon juice, salt and lemon and orange peels. Toss to coat, adding
- reserved cooking liquid if needed to moisten noodles. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.