Sesame Seed Citrus Noodles Recipe
- 4 cups wide no-yolk noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return noodles to pan. Add the basil, butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon and orange peels. Toss to coat, adding reserved cooking liquid if needed to moisten noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.