Sesame Salmon Spread Recipe
Alaska is known for its salmon, and this is one of our favorite appetizers. I pack the spread and crackers in our picnic lunch when my husband and I head out to harvest wood, which we do several times a year. We look forward to getting wood just to have this special treat!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Add the salmon, sour cream, garlic, sesame seeds, Liquid Smoke if desired, cilantro, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 82 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC