- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Add the salmon, sour cream, garlic, sesame seeds, Liquid Smoke if desired, cilantro, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Sesame Salmon Spread in Country June/July 2006, p51
Reviews for Sesame Salmon Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"I love salmon, but this was far too heavy in salmon taste for an appetizer. Not creamy enough. The sesame seeds added no flavor. I like the concept, but I would reduce the amount of salmon, increase the amount of sour cream, and omit the seeds."