THIS SIDE DISH is compatible with any meat entree you serve.
One of my friends gave me this recipe many years ago. I made a few changes, and it has been a family favorite for a long time. This secret of the tasty flavor is the chicken broth. Norma Poole
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- In a medium skillet, saute sesame seeds in butter for 2-3 minutes or
- until golden. Add rice, celery and onion; saute until the rice is
- browned. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dissolve
- bouillon and salt in water; pour over the rice mixture. Cover and
- bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.