- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk, vanilla and lemon peel; set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon sesame seeds. Combine remaining sesame seeds with the flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Pound Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p67
Reviews for Sesame Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review