"This recipe is a cinch to make on a night when my opera-singing husband has to be out the door for an evening rehearsal," shares Ann Arbor, Michigan's Stephanie Gillett. "It's really tasty and reheats well, so I always make extra for lunches later in the week."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until
- smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the
- pork and garlic for 5 minutes. Add broccoli coleslaw mix; stir-fry
- 3-4 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and broccoli is
- Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 391 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.