Sesame Pork Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the pork and garlic for 5 minutes. Add broccoli coleslaw mix; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 391 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Sesame Pork
"This was a great idea but the sauce is really lacking any pizzaz. If I had time I would play with the sauce on this one and try and make it better, but there are too many other recipes to make out there."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer