Sesame Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne. Pour half over the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sesame Pork Roast(4)
Sort By :
This came out tasting AMAZING!!!!! I did not have sesame seeds so I used sesame oil. I will be making this again!
I got a lot of attaboys on this one. Will make it again ...soon.
absolutly perfect!very yummy
More Recipe Collections
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >