Sesame Pork Ribs Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place the onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs
- 2. and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Place ribs on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving equals 603 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 2,007 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.