Sesame Pork Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), trimmed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut pork into 1/4-in. thick slices; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. On each of six long metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread beef. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork (prepared with light soy sauce) equals 156 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Sesame Pork Kabobs
"I make this all of the time and it is A-mazing!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.