- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), trimmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut pork into 1/4-in. thick slices; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- On each of six long metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread beef. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Pork Kabobs in Country Pork 1996, p103
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Pork Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2010
"I make this all of the time and it is A-mazing!"