The honey marinade give this hearty pork appetizer added flavor. It's served with an Asian-inspired dipping sauce that is quite yummy.—Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sherry and soy sauce; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade; pat pork dry. Place honey and sesame seeds in separate shallow bowls. Roll pork in honey, then sesame seeds. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
Originally published as Sesame Pork Appetizers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Pork Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review