- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Score the surface of the beef with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes; place in bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sesame-Pepper Flank Steak(3)
Sort By :
In our neck of the woods, a flank steak is a flat, heavily muscled cut of meat. For every recipe that calls for flank, I substitute london broil. This is a GREAT marinade, this is straight to the recipe box. The entire family loved it - and I think the beef would really work well on a green salad too.
Such good flavor. My family likes alot of flavor so I marinated for 1 1/2 days. Great! and easy
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >