- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in paprika; cool completely.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 16x14-in. rectangle. Spread onion mixture down one half of the rectangle. Fold dough lengthwise in half over onion mixture, forming a 16x7-in. rectangle; seal edges.
- Cut dough lengthwise into thirty-two 1/2-in.-thick strips. Twist each strip two or three times. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brush breadsticks with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 breadsticks.
Originally published as Sesame Onion Breadsticks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Sesame Onion Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review