Sesame Omelet Spinach Spirals Recipe
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 spinach tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped green onion, sweet red pepper and canned water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Spread tahini over tortillas; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, onion, red pepper, water chestnuts, carrot, ginger and pepper flakes.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; lightly brush with some of the oil. Pour 1/3 cup egg mixture into the pan; cook for 1 minute or until set. Flip egg mixture and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute longer or until lightly browned. Place omelet on a tortilla; roll up. Repeat three times, brushing skillet as needed with remaining oil. Cut wraps into 1-in. slices.
- 3. Combine the sauce ingredients; serve with spirals. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen (1/3 cup sauce).
1 piece with 1/2 teaspoon sauce equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Omelet Spinach Spirals
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.