Sesame Noodles with Shrimp & Snap Peas
Stir-fries and busy nights are a meal match made in heaven. For a boost of vibrant color and freshness, I sometimes stir in chopped cilantro just before I serve it from the pan. —Nedra Schell, Fort Worth, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- Cook linguine according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add
- shrimp, peas, salt and pepper flakes; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink and peas are crisp-tender.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta, pasta water
- and salad dressing to shrimp mixture; toss to combine. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 418 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a