Sesame Noodles with Shrimp & Snap Peas Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions for al dente.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, peas, salt and pepper flakes; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and peas are crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain linguine, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta, pasta water and salad dressing to shrimp mixture; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 418 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Noodles with Shrimp & Snap Peas
"Pretty good and very simple."
"LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!"
"Always looking for new weeknight meals, especially as we love stir fries. Quick & tasty."
"Easy week-night meal. Even the kids liked it."
"A great, quick meal! I used regular pasta and added some onion and red bell pepper to the stir fry and it was delicious!"
"I love easy, quick and tasty recipes and this one certainly fit the bill. It was healthy and really filling as well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.