Sesame Hot Dogs Recipe
Kids of all ages love these cute, cheese-stuffed hot dogs wrapped in crusty, sesame-seed biscuits. I serve them with bowls of chili, mustard, ketchup…even bean dip or salsa for dipping! —Sue Mackey, Jackson, Wisconsin
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup sharp American cheese spread
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog to within 1/2 in. of each end. Spread cheese into pockets. Roll each biscuit into a 5-in. circle; wrap one around each hot dog. Brush with butter and roll in sesame seeds.
- 2. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 398 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,194 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC