Sesame Hot Dogs Recipe
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup sharp American cheese spread
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog to within 1/2 in. of each end. Spread cheese into pockets. Roll each biscuit into a 5-in. circle; wrap one around each hot dog. Brush with butter and roll in sesame seeds.
- 2. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 398 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1194mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Hot Dogs
"These were a tasty way to use leftover hotdogs. I sliced pieces off of a colby jack cheese stick and stuck that in the hot dog. The sesame seeds were coming off like crazy after they were done cooking. I think next time I will try to push them in better, see if that will keep them on. Also my biscuits didn't stay closed around the hotdogs. I'd suggest trying to pinch them closed or putting the seam on the bottom. We will make these again :)"
"I've made these a few times now and they are delicious - the kids (and adults too) enjoy this. However, instead of using the cheese spread, I've used American or cheddar cheese slices."
"great its looks easy yet ymmy"