Sesame Hot Dogs Recipe
Kids of all ages love these cute, cheese-stuffed hot dogs wrapped in crusty, sesame-seed biscuits. I serve them with bowls of chili, mustard, ketchup…even bean dip or salsa for dipping! —Sue Mackey, Jackson, Wisconsin
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup sharp American cheese spread
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Make a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog to within 1/2 in. of each end. Spread cheese into pockets. Roll each biscuit into a 5-in. circle; wrap one around each hot dog. Brush with butter and roll in sesame seeds.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Hot Dogs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p51
Reviews for Sesame Hot Dogs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
I've made these a few times now and they are delicious - the kids (and adults too) enjoy this. However, instead of using the cheese spread, I've used American or cheddar cheese slices.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2008
great its looks easy yet ymmy