Sesame Ham Pinwheels
Rounding out a spread at our house is the task of these ham and cheese goodies rolled in sesame seeds. Not only are these appetizers delicious, they're pretty, too!
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Unroll crescent rolls and divide into four rectangles; seal
- perforations. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with ham; spread mustard
- over ham. Roll up from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each
- into five slices. In a shallow bowl, beat egg white. Roll dough
- edges of each slice in egg white, then in sesame seeds. Place on a
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until
- bottoms are golden brown. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 265 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.