- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Unroll crescent rolls and divide into four rectangles; seal perforations. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with ham; spread mustard over ham. Roll up from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into five slices. In a shallow bowl, beat egg white. Roll dough edges of each slice in egg white, then in sesame seeds. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews for Sesame Ham Pinwheels
"These are simple to make and very tasty. They disappeared quickly at a Christmas party! I skipped the egg white step, which I think would have been rather tedious and would have added a lot to the preparation time. The sesame seeds adhere to the dough just fine without it. I imagine the egg white would add an appetizing shiny glaze to the finished rolls. Perhaps one could deviate and roll the entire rolls in egg white and sesame seeds, and then cut them into slices. That would save a lot of time. I may try this approach next time, although I believe the egg whites would make the preparation messier and may not be worth it! Next time, even if I don't use the egg whites, I'll try rolling the entire rolls in the sesame seeds before slicing."