Sesame Green Beans 'n' Water Chestnuts Recipe
Soy sauce and sesame oil make a flavorful base for these good-for-you green beans from Dot Christiansen's Bettendorf, Iowa kitchen. Toasted sesame seeds and water chestnuts add texture and crunch to this quick skillet side that goes well with beef or poultry.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans (about 5 cups), trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the beans, water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil and sesame oil for 5-6 minutes or until almost tender. Add the water, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 87 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Sesame Green Beans 'n' Water Chestnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC