Sesame Green Beans 'n' Water Chestnuts Recipe
Soy sauce and sesame oil make a flavorful base for these good-for-you green beans from Dot Christiansen's Bettendorf, Iowa kitchen. Toasted sesame seeds and water chestnuts add texture and crunch to this quick skillet side that goes well with beef or poultry.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans (about 5 cups), trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the beans, water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil and sesame oil for 5-6 minutes or until almost tender. Add the water, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Green Beans 'n' Water Chestnuts in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p8
Reviews for Sesame Green Beans 'n' Water Chestnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review