Sesame Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry. Place in a serving bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and salt. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss again. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 65 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sesame Green Bean Salad
"My family loves this!"
"Light, refreshing, easy to make."
"I discovered this recipe years ago through Light and Tasty magazine, and I now made this for almost every occasion! They are delicious and so easy to make! People ask me to "bring my green beans" they like them so much! I highly reccommend this recipe:)"