Someone asks for the recipe for this chilled salad every time I make it. It's a refreshing salad that's great for potlucks and other get-togethers. —Terri McKay of New Bern, North Carolina
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry. Place in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and salt. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss again. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Green Bean Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p23
Reviews for Sesame Green Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review