Sesame Ginger Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the plum sauce, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the red pepper, broccoli, carrots, onions and garlic until tender. Return beef to the pan. Whisk the plum sauce mixture; stir into skillet.
- 3. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in peanuts. Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 304 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sesame Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
"I have made this recipe countless times. I like the savory, salty flavor of soy sauce, so I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos, which tastes exactly the same and delivers with MUCH less sodium. The plum sauce and red pepper flakes together make for a great flavor combination. You can use frozen asian veggies as a substitute as well."