Sesame Fried Chicken Recipe
I came up with this recipe one day as an alternative to traditional fried chicken. Everyone in my family raves about the sesame seed coating and special gravy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sesame seeds, sage, thyme and paprika. Set aside 1/4 cup. Dip chicken in milk, then dredge or shake in remaining flour mixture.
- 2. Heat 1/2 in. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown and juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Drain oil, leaving drippings in pan. Stir in reserved flour mixture until bubbly; add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sesame Fried Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC