Sesame Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sesame seeds, sage, thyme and paprika. Set aside 1/4 cup. Dip chicken in milk, then dredge or shake in remaining flour mixture.
- 2. Heat 1/2 in. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown and juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Drain oil, leaving drippings in pan. Stir in reserved flour mixture until bubbly; add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Sesame Fried Chicken
"I agree with the previous reviewer that the flour mixture needed salt, even after I added some it still needed more. I, however, did not make the gravy, so that could have helped. I thought the chicken was good and so did my kids, but my husband did not really care for it. Next time I would like to try it with the gravy,"
"The only reason i didn't give this a 5, was the flour mixture needed a bit of salt. The aroma of it cooking was fantastic...everyone ran to the table when I announced it was done. It took a LOT longer to fry since I used bone-in thighs, but it tasted great.It got everyone's vote for a do-over...and my son said "MMMMMMmmm" upon first bite. =)"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.