Sesame Flank Steak
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but I've modified it over the years to suit my family's taste.Karen Bouton, Kent, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Score steak and place in a large shallow glass container or
- resealable plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over
- meat. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night. Drain
- and discard marinade.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat until the meat reaches desired
- doneness for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the
- grain. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 172 calories, 169 mg sodium, 44 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 10 gm fat, trace fiber. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.