Sesame Flank Steak Recipe
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but I've modified it over the years to suit my family's taste.—Karen Bouton, Kent, Washington
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Score steak and place in a large shallow glass container or resealable plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat until the meat reaches desired doneness for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 172 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Sesame Flank Steak
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC