Sesame Dill Fish
Crispy fillets are a snap to make. A grocery store special on fish motivated me to adapt a recipe for pork into this quick-cooking dish. —Linda Hess, Chilliwack, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 pound catfish or other whitefish fillets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sesame seeds, dill and
- salt. Place yogurt in another bowl. Dip fillets in yogurt; shake off
- excess, then dip in crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Fry fillets over medium-high
- heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 394 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.