Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe
My family and I love this recipe-it's very tasty! I like to serve it on holidays when we have relatives over. Everyone always enjoys it.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound cooked small shrimp
- 1/4 pound cooked small scallops
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in vinegar and water until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine with cucumbers, celery, shrimp, scallops and sesame seeds. Add dressing; stir gently to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 73 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Sesame Cucumber Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC