Sesame Cucumber Salad
My family and I love this recipe-it's very tasty! I like to serve it on holidays when we have relatives over. Everyone always enjoys it.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound cooked small shrimp
- 1/4 pound cooked small scallops
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in
- vinegar and water until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring
- constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine with cucumbers, celery, shrimp, scallops and
- sesame seeds. Add dressing; stir gently to coat. Refrigerate for 2
- hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 73 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.