- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour water into pan. Bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160° Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame-Crusted Pork Loin
Sort By :
Recipe sounds very interesting. However, I note the Bake time in caption (45 min.) does not match Bake time in Directions (1 3/4 - 2 hours) ?????
What do you do with the sesame seeds to coat the roast?