Sesame Coconut Cookies
Even folks who normally pass on coconut treats can't resist these crisp butter cookies. They make a nice accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Roberta Myers, Elwood, Indiana
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine
- flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the
- coconut, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Shape into three 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
- for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Yield: 10 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.