Sesame Cilantro Chicken
Slightly sweet, super juicy and drizzled with a wonderfully Asian-inspired sauce, this chicken is definitely delicious enough to serve guests. Wild rice would make an easy side. —Brittany Bowen, Flagstaff, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Combine the honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and
- cilantro; spoon 1/4 cup honey mixture over chicken. Set aside the
- remaining mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Spoon reserved
- mixture over chicken; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 328 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon