Sesame Cilantro Chicken for Two Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place chicken in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and cilantro; spoon 2 tablespoons honey mixture over chicken. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Spoon reserved mixture over chicken; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, trace fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 5 lean meat
Reviews for Sesame Cilantro Chicken for Two
"Easy and delicious. I added green onion and it was perfect."
"The chicken turned out very moist and good. I did not use the sesame seeds."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.