Sesame Chicken with Mustard Sauce Recipe
For variety, you can make a cracker-crumb coating for my chicken...substitute turkey for chicken...or grill it instead of baking it. I've even served the chicken in strips with a sauce so it becomes a fun finger food for dipping. -Wanda White, Antioch, Tennessee
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups plum jam
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine butter and shortening; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; heat through. Serve with the chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken with Mustard Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC